Making a Comment or Complaint
Delivering excellent patient care is very important to us. We welcome any comments you may have regarding the service that you receive at Stokesley Dental Practice. Please discuss any comments/suggestions with any staff member or speak to a member of our reception team.
In this practice, we take all complaints seriously and try to ensure that all of our patients are pleased with their experience. We aim to resolve all complaints fully and promptly and all complaints will be dealt with in strict confidence.
If you are unhappy with our service then please:
- Speak to a member of staff – they will try and resolve the issue there and then.
- If we are unable to resolve the problem immediately, we will investigate and then contact you.
- If you feel uncomfortable raising your concern directly, then contact us by phone and ask to speak to Julia Davison.
- If you don’t feel comfortable speaking to a staff member or calling the practice then please send your complaint in writing.
- After receiving your complaint we will acknowledge receipt of it, either verbally or in writing within 3 working days.
- We will investigate the complaint and try and respond within 10 working days. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days then we will notify you, giving an explanation for the delay.
- If the complaint is about any aspect of clinical care, we will normally refer the matter to the dentist for their comments.
- Following the investigation, we would usually try to arrange a meeting to resolve the complaint or provide a written response.
- If you wish to make a complaint on behalf of another individual, we would require written consent in order to share information.
If after speaking to the practice team you are not satisfied with the outcome you are able to contact:
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (NHS Treatment Only)The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Phone: 0345 051 4033 Email: email@example.com
If you don’t wish to make a complaint directly to the practice then you may speak to NHS England:
Tel: 0300 3112233 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your complaint is regarding Private dental treatment contact:Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Telephone: 020 8253 0800